Skip to main content

I was already given something even better than what I asked for, but I was too blind to see:

-

- You learn only when you are humbled.

Alhamdulillah, I have never been told that I cannot do something. My parents have always been super supportive, my closest and dearest have always been extremely encouraging and affirmative.


And I have always been privileged to have the luxury of choice.


So, to be told I could not do something truly was a kick to my pride.


But this Ayah in the Quran was a much-needed slap to my ego,

a wake up call my soul sorely needed, and it was an Ayah that truly humbled me.


Allah SWT says in Surah Ibrahim, Ayah 34: 

"If you tried to count Allah’s blessings,

you would never be able to number them." 


When Allah SWT says you would never,

then it means you would never.

Full stop.


Meaning... no one, from the beginning to the end of time, can ever list ALL of Allah's Blessings even if they tried!

His Ni'mah is truly innumerable! 


So here I am thinking...  if I cannot even begin to number all of the things that He has already blessed me with, the tangible and the non-tangible, the visible and the invisible, the obvious and the subtle, then who am I to question what Allah SWT has "supposedly" "not" given me? What if He had already given me something even better than what I asked for but I was too blind to see because I was too preoccupied complaining?


If I cannot even begin to count Allah's blessings, what right do I have to doubt Allah SWT's Perfect Plans for me? How can I question His plans when I will never fully understand how flawlessly He has arranged my every step?


The Gen Z voice in me whispered, "The Audacity!"


And the Ayah continues: and 


"Indeed, mankind is most unjust and ungrateful."

(PS: The words Allah SWT used in Arabic are much more "ouch" -

Unjust : Zalim لَظَلُ م / Ungrateful: Kafur كَفَّار)


I was crying, humbled. 

"Indeed, mankind is most unjust and ungrateful."

Subhanallah.


But just as I was about to feel all down and sad, I remembered that the Quran is a Mercy. I remembered that the Quran is a Light. And that the Quran will never leave its reader to feel hopeless and distraught.


So imagine my delight when I found an Ayah that was astonishingly similar just two Surahs down, in Surah An-Nahl, where Allah SWT said,


"If you tried to count Allah’s blessings,

you would never be able to number them.

Surely Allah is All-Forgiving, Most Merciful."


Ya Allah.

The beginning of this Ayah was the same as the last one,

but the ending of this Ayah.... I felt like He gently embraced me, reminding me that He has never asked for Perfection from His creations, but the least we could do is to Strive. 


It's incredibly comforting to know that no matter how much we will falter, our Rabb is All-Forgiving, Most Merciful. 


It's incredibly comforting to know that despite our weaknesses and flaws, Our Rabb continues to give, and give and give.


I am truly humbled.

By how ignorant I am.

By how enormous His Mercy is for me.


And this too, is incredibly comforting. :)

Source:

Received through WhatsApp message.

Popular posts from this blog

*ACHIEVING TRANQUILITY* - Peace here and hereafter:

 - *What the Prophet(saw) Knew* The Prophet ﷺ and his companions knew something that is not often displayed today. They were able to face difficulty with a certain determination in their heart; they were grateful for even the seemingly small blessings; they took pleasure in praying at night while the people were asleep. What they knew was this: if they sought Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala (exalted is He) they would not be let down. This is the secret to the statement of Abu Bakr  radiAllah `anhu (ra) to the Prophet ﷺ during the battle of Badr, when the Prophet ﷺ was crying out to Allah (swt) in an impassioned du`a’(supplication) until his cloak fell from his shoulder. Abu Bakr (ra) said, “O Messenger of Allah, this prayer of yours to your Lord will suffice you, and He will fulfill for you what He has promised you!” And He did- the battle was won by the Muslims. Human desires are insatiable. And for this reason, the more we chase after the dunya (physical world), the less we are sa...

Dr Robert Crane now a Pious Muslim named as Farooq Abdul Haq- A Phd in International law, a US Preseident's Ex Advisor, to a Pious Muslim story:

 Former US President Richard Nixon’s adviser is Robert Crane.  He holds: Doctorate in Public Law.  • PhD in International Law.  • President of the Harvard Society of International Law. He later became President Nixon's foreign affairs adviser.  He was also the Deputy Director of the US National Security Council.  • He is considered an expert in Political Affairs in the United States.  • He is founder of the Center for Civilization and Modernization in the United States.  He speaks fluently in six living languages. What's the story?  One day President Nixon wanted to read about "Islamic Principles and Rules", so he asked CIA to prepare a research paper on the subject for him.    Assigned CIA cadre wrote a detail research paper and submitted to President Nixon.   But Nixon felt the paper was a bit lengthy and detailed. So he asked his adviser, Robert Crane, to read and summarize the article.    Robert read the article a...

My Tryst with Urdu and Journey so far:

 - By: Iqbal Sattar Dear friend. I was educated up to 3rd standard in Dharwad in Government Urdu School. Our Teacher with white pagadi and hanging back portion was so nice. My father was an Education officer in Dharwad. He established many Urdu Schools, in Dharwad, Bijapur, Belgaum and Karwar. He used his approach to Urdu Schools in villages for community outreach. I completed my 7th in Belgaum Government Urdu School and SSC ie XIth in Islamiya High School Camp Belgaum. These 11 years of Urdu medium strengthen my love for Education. The teachers in those days were devoted. Our Headmasters and principal Late Adam Jamadar, were great personalities.  Library, newspaper, reading books, discussion, allocution competitions, sports, science exhibition, and Drama competition were part of Education. We learnt good English, Persian, Kannada and Marathi along with Urdu. The interaction with teachers was wonderful. My principal had called me in his office and corrected my Aswersheet for 3...

Business Etiquette from Prophet Muhammed's ﷺ :

 * Prophet Muhammed's ﷺ Business Etiquette* - In Islam, trade has always been recognised as an important aspect of human life. Before revelation came to Prophet ﷺ, he earned his living as a trader. His integrity and veracity were quickly noticed by his employer, Sayyida Khadijah (RA), who later married him.  *★ Sadiq and Ameen* It was a result of his ﷺ honesty and noble character that he ﷺ was called as 'Sadiq' (truthful) and 'Ameen' (trustworthy) amongst the Makkans. Hazrat Abu Sufianؓ  (the bitterest enemy of Islam before he accepted Islam) said: "It is inconceivable for one who has never told a lie during his whole life to invent lies against Allah ﷻ. The Makkans agreed unanimously that Allah's Messenger ﷺ was a truthful person. Once before his conversion, Yasir (ra) asked his son Ammar (ra), where he was going. Ammar (ra) said that he was going to the Prophet ﷺ. Being fully satisfied of his son's safety while with him ﷺ, he replied: "Muhammad ﷺ...

Allah willed a righteous spouse based on Niyah, Du'a and belief in qadr of Allah:

I would interpret this as Choosing Wisely and equating it to "Tying the camel". Yes, The Qur'an says: “Women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity.” (24:26) and Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: “A woman may be married for four reasons: for her property, for her rank, for her beauty, and for her religion (and character), so marry the one who is best in the religion and character and prosper.” (Bukhari) So yes, we must choose well but ultimately it comes down to Niyah, Du'a and belief in Qadr of Allah. This is the only equation that leads anywhere worthwhile. This is also hikmah. For a person who lacks hikmah will not understand the need for this.  A long long time ago, when it was my turn to "tie the knot" I am sure that I would have messed up, if Allah has not taken charge and willed for me the partner I have today. Alhamdulillah! But here is where I say there is more to this....this is a THREE part series. Allah willed a ri...

(History) Tareeq- Dawat o Tableeg suniye Tariq Jameel sab ke zabani 8 hisso (episodes) mein:

Episode 1 Episode 2 Episode 3 Episode 4 Episode 5 Episode 6 Episode 7 Episode 8 These videos are published in youtube by Tariq Jameel Official channel. Source: the videos are linked directly to youtube.

Greeting and dua of Ramazan:

A good person will always be in memory, a better person will always be in a dream, but the best person will always be in the heart. Those we appreciate, we value. Those we value, we love, Those we love, we remember & those we remember we pray for. May Allah bless u with Rizq, Taqwah, Imaan, Barakah, Forgiveness & Jannah. May this Ramadhan be the Ramadhan that the entire Humanity gets Hidayat & be forgiven for All our sins. May Allah bless you & your family today & always. May the Noor of this coming month illuminate your heart, mind, soul & may all your Duaas be accepted.......  Ramadan Mubarak ❣️

“My knowledge is growing, but is it causing me to grow?”

A Ramadan of Change – 26 of 30 ** A nightly appointment with an angel ** In Ramadan, the Prophet Mohammad PBUH would be blessed with a nightly appointment with angel Jibreel who’d mutually study with him the Qur’an. Describing this and its effects, Ibnu ‘Abbaas said: كَانَ رسول الله - صلى الله عليه وسلم - أجْوَدَ النَّاسِ، وَكَانَ أجْوَدَ مَا يَكُونُ في رَمَضَانَ حِيْنَ يَلْقَاهُ جِب...

Some of the traditional methods of raising children in Tarim (Yemen):

*Raising children* Some of the traditional methods of raising children in Tarim (Yemen). This is really beautiful. Women expecting children would ensure every morsel going into their mouths was halal. Breastfeeding mothers would repeatedly recite Ayah al-Kursi, Surah al-Falaq, Surah al-Nas and du'as of protection over their babies. When a child first began to speak it would be taught to say: رَضِيتُ بِاللهِ رَبّاً، وبِالإِسْلامِ دِيناً، و بسيِّدِنَا مُحَمَّدٍ صلى الله عليه وسلم نَبِيَّاً ورَسُولاً ‘I am content with Allah as my Lord, with Islam as my religion, and with our Master Muhammad ﷺ as my Prophet and Messenger.’ Parents would teach their children the importance of making good intentions and what intentions to make just as they would teach them how to recite Surat al-Fatiha. Parents would teach their children to call upon Allah in every situation. If a child asked for something, his parents would tell him to perform wudu, pray two rak'ats and then ask Allah to fulfil his...